Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time limit After getting I797 (Approval for H1B).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time limit After getting I797 (Approval for H1B).

My employer had applied for my H1b in March 2008 and I got the Approval I797 in April. But since then my employer has asked me to wait before applying for visa here in Mumbai, India, citing the recession.

My question is till when will this approval be valid. If suppose i go for Visa in 2010 will that work? Or do i need H1b approval once again?

Thanks in advance

I-797 has a Valid till date on it.

Just have a look at that. If you don't have it with you, it's generally three years from the approval date.

If you I-797 is valid till, lets say, 30th Apr 2010; you have to get the visa before or on this date.
    I'm not a lawyer. But I've first hand experience of the things I comment on.
    ~~ My comments are 'Not A Legal Advice'. ~~

Comment

Originally posted by sajidunia
      My employer had applied for my H1b in March 2008 and I got the Approval I797 in April. But since then my employer has asked me to wait before applying for visa here in Mumbai, India, citing the recession.

My question is till when will this approval be valid. If suppose i go for Visa in 2010 will that work? Or do i need H1b approval once again?

Thanks in advance
      -- yes its valid upto last date of 2010.. my suggession is apply visa before 6months to 8months of I797 last valid date(2010). you dont need new I797 but you need new employer's offer letter... you have to prove that still that job is there for you... thats it..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X