No announcement yet.

Does new degree help in H1B extension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does new degree help in H1B extension?

I am on H1B which is expiring (visa & I-94) in June '09 and I am on sixth year. I am going to apply for a 3 year extension based on I-140 approval and re-capture of few months. When my original H1B was applied 6 years back, I was just a Engineering graduate (non Computer Science). I have done a distant Masters in Science (in Comp Science) from a reputed Indian University in 2007. My questions are:

1. Should I declare my new higher degree (MS) in the H1B extension application?
    2. Should I get a new education evaluation done to include my MS?
    2. Can USCIS look at the higher degree negatively? In short, can the higher degree spoil the chance of H1B extension approval?

Pls note my MS is a distant course from India when I was physically in US on a Job.

I am on H1B which is expiring (visa & I-94) in June '09 and I am on sixth year. I am going to apply for a 3 year extension based on I-140 approval and re-capture of few months. When my original H1B was applied 6 years back, I was just a Engineering graduate (non Computer Science). I have done a distant Masters in Science (in Comp Science) from a reputed Indian University in 2007. My questions are:

1. Should I declare my new higher degree (MS) in the H1B extension application?
    2. Should I get a new education evaluation done to include my MS?
    2. Can USCIS look at the higher degree negatively? In short, can the higher degree spoil the chance of H1B extension approval?

Pls note my MS is a distant course from India when I was physically in US on a Job.

---- All your statements have nothing to do with the H1 extension. Extension is based on the employment, employer, regular payment etc. and if you were in status or out of status

Subramanya

Comment

Doesn't education have any role in extension application?

Comment

When you got your visa initially without the new degree, why should it have any role in you extension of the old??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X