Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 On Port Of Entry

Hi,
    I returned from India last night. I had my stamped visa until Apr 24, 2009 and approved petition until Apr 24, 2012. Immigration officer on airport asked me multiple questions about my work and locations and did write Apr 24, 2012 date on new I-94. After some varification on his computer, he cut the date and write new date Mar, 7, 2012. He write "ED 1793" on the old date (Apr 24, 2012). I asked him if there is any issue, he ruidly replied "No it's ok".
    Does anyone know what could be the reason for this new date (Mar 7th 2012)? and what is ED 1793?

Some POE officers seem to do that as the max term allowed on a H1b is 3 years. You must have entered on March 7th 2009 and hence the March 7th, 2012 date.

If you travel again, you will get the April 24th date. You can choose to go back to the airport and get it corrected if you wish.

I donno about ED1793.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I-94 On Port Of Entry

Thanks txh1b,

Yes, that could be the reason. It was March 8th yesterday, so he gave me 3 years from their.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X