H1B extension denied, moving to H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension denied, moving to H4

My petition for H1B extension was denied (reason not known yet, waiting for the official notice). My H1B expired on Jan 19, I got denied update on the website today. My husband is on H1B. I have a question regarding moving to H4

1. Can I apply from here or do I need to go back to India? If so? How much time have I got?

I appreciate your answers.

No COS from US is possible anymore. You have to leave asap.

Comment

No COS possible.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

question for txh1b

Hi txh1b, thanks for your reply. Will there be a problem to get an H4 if I go to India and apply. I have always maintained status except for a few days while after I am in US even after denial of H1B. Although my H1B expired on Jan 19,2009 but extension notice came on March 5th. Lawyer said that you can justify until March 5th.

Comment

You can apply and be clear and frank about it with the VO if asked and mention in DS156 that you have violated visa terms.
          Do not accumulate illegal stay. Leave immediately. You can say you left as soon as you could.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X