Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 Needed HELP!!!

Hi

1. I came into US on H4 in June 2007 . I got my H1b approved on October 2008, but i am still in H4 and not earning. Now i want to change my status to H1b. Please let me know the process and documents needed for this.

2. To change my status to H1b my employer is asking for letter from me for non working days. Is it safe to give. Will it affect my h1b stamping if i go out of the country and come back after i start working in h1b.

3. I also need to apply H4 for my son in my h1b. Please let me know the process and documents for this too and the fees for this.

Thanks

Originally posted by usvisa0606
    I got my H1b approved on October 2008, but i am still in H4 and not earning. Now i want to change my status to H1b. Please let me know the process and documents needed for this.
    No, you are NOT on H4 from Oct 1st. You were on H1b and you should get paid for the period. Employer must pay you for the period and that is the law. Do not involve in illegal things like forced LOA requests etc. Complain to DOL on a Wh4 form. You are currently out of status for not getting paid on H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X