Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About not paying Bills, installements on H1B...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About not paying Bills, installements on H1B...

I have questions:
    1) my baby boy born at Denver colorado, I get his passport of USA. now I am leaving USA and moving to Canada next week on GC of canada. still hospital people not send me any bill which I have to pay 15% from my inssurance coverage. what to do if I not paid before I leave USA? or if I not paid this bills in future?
    2). right now I am layoff.
    so, what is the risk for not paying inssurace & hospital bills? I am not working since 1month. so, naturaly I am not paying inssurance or medical since 1month, because I dont have paystubs now... even my inssurance is cancelled too...
    what to do in my matter.....? if I not pay any bills, any problem? I sure that I will never came back to USA.
    thanks

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by orion
      Thank you very much.
      *** Orion... if you don't know then please don't answer or comment.

Comment

You might end up on FBI most wanted list or an Interpol list if the collection agency wants to go after you. They can track you if they really want to go after you. Do they want to spend money going after you is a different story . I would suggest work out a payment plan or something to write off the debt. Its better to be clean and not cheat people it might come haunt you later who knows. What would you do if your Canadian employer hires you and wants you to visit usa for business...

Comment

Originally posted by honestimmigrant
          You might end up on FBI most wanted list or an Interpol list if the collection agency wants to go after you. They can track you if they really want to go after you. Do they want to spend money going after you is a different story . I would suggest work out a payment plan or something to write off the debt. Its better to be clean and not cheat people it might come haunt you later who knows. What would you do if your Canadian employer hires you and wants you to visit usa for business...
          -- no I am not going to cheat, I went hospital accounts department, they told me they dont get anything from hospital head office. even my address in canada is temporory for 1week, I told them everything all truth, they told me they will contact me later, but when where dont know.. they still dont gave me payment plan because hospitals main office not send any documents to the local hospital.
          Last edited by PatelScope; 03-11-2009, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by honestimmigrant
            You might end up on FBI most wanted list or an Interpol list if the collection agency wants to go after you.
            WHAT???? What makes you think it is their job to hunt private debt?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Well, US and Canda share databases for almost everything. Not FBI, but the collection agency can go after you, you are easily trackable in Canada too.

Simply call the hospital accounting deptt and tell them your new forewrding address and you'll receive the bill in Canada, change the address on file in hospital. I'm not sure but you can enquire in USPS if they will forward your mail in Canada, if so then just fill out a change of address form!

Patelscope @#$%^&*! you dont need to tell me when to answer or comment

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
                WHAT???? What makes you think it is their job to hunt private debt?
                -- hi txth1b may be you will guide me.. please reply what to do.. because I applied for installment at finance desk of hospital , but they notready to give me installment, I told them I am ready to pay cash or by check whole ammount but they informed me, they dont have all bill documnets of all services... what to do in this matter.. my bill inssurance showme on aetna outof pocket I have to pay $3000, but still they not send me anything.. even hospital... now in this matter what to do.. I get life time job in Canada thats why I am leaving USA... and here I dont have job since 1month..

Comment

As already advised, provide a new address to them once you settle down and work out a payment plan. In your best interest, it is better to sort it out before it goes to collections. These days, even banks in India are checking the US credit history to provide loans.

This will not have immigration implications. It will hurt your credit score if you do not pay it. That is pretty much it. It can also be looked at like you have become a public charge in US if not paid during the GC. However, it is a gray area as it is private debt.

Insurance company is also required by law to send you a EOB - Explanation of benefit to the address you provide them which will detail all services performed and amount paid by the insurance. This should help you determine what your share is to the hospital.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
                    As already advised, provide a new address to them once you settle down and work out a payment plan. In your best interest, it is better to sort it out before it goes to collections. These days, even banks in India are checking the US credit history to provide loans.

This will not have immigration implications. It will hurt your credit score if you do not pay it. That is pretty much it. It can also be looked at like you have become a public charge in US if not paid during the GC. However, it is a gray area as it is private debt.

Insurance company is also required by law to send you a EOB - Explanation of benefit to the address you provide them which will detail all services performed and amount paid by the insurance. This should help you determine what your share is to the hospital.
                    -- guys are true... I think patelscope dont want to pay money hehehe..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X