need opinion on h4-h1-h4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need opinion on h4-h1-h4

hi,(came to usa on h4-june 2007, h1-oct 2008 (not stamped, no paychecks))
    i believe many of us are in the same boat h4-h1-h4. after reading forums for few weeks i understood the following i can do.
    i can change status by traveling to india and reenter on previous h4.(valid till 2010) correct me if i can not do this? (my spouse is on h1 actively without any issues) OR do i need to attend for h4 visa at consulate in india again?
    but in order to protect myself at POE regarding out of status from oct 2008 till now (on h1), i need to file wh4 with DOL before leaving country. which i-94 we need to surrender while leaving country? are we safe if we surrender both h1 and h4 i-94s? i do have SSN, does that make any difference in finding about my status at POE?
    will this whole process(h4-h1-h4) create any trouble with my spouse's GC process?
    thanks in advance for any opinions.

Your GC could get denied due to this.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

so you are saying my gc will be in trouble. how about my spouse's gc process as i'm tagged to his gc process as h4?

Comment

Each GC is evaluated on an individual basis. Just because you are a derivative doesn't mean you will get a GC if your husband gets one. You could still be denied.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X