Unused H1B, transfer possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unused H1B, transfer possible?

Hi, I've got a question regarding to H1B transfer, but my case might be a bit complicated.

Company A filed a petition for me back in 2007 and it was approved. But I ended up not working for the company so I had no pay stub no i797 either.

Since 2007, I had traveled to the US several time on B1/B2, and I am now a student on F1 visa in the US.

I got an offer from company B this year and they will file another petition for my H1B.

So my questions are:
    1, Am I qualified to transfer my H1B visa to company?
    2, If so, am I counted in the 2009 CAP?
    3, My previous H1B was valid from 10/01/2007 to 09/29/10, does it mean that no matter I transfer my H1B or file for a new one, the two-year period would always be deduced from the maximum time that I am allowed to stay in the US on H1B?

Thank you very much in advance. Really appreciate your response!

Kevin

Read the FAQs. Possible.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you so much for your fast reply. I read the FAQ, according to my understanding, if my new company B files a petition this year, I will not be counted in 2009 CAP, even if I got no pay stub from A, no i797, no stamping. Is this correct?

Also could you please shed some light on my first question, regarding to the maximum time that I am allowed to stay in the US on H1B? Is the two year just gone?

Thank you so much!

Comment

If you read the FAQ, then your understanding is totally flawed. Read it again. Once cap counted, you care not counted again for next 6 years. Read more about re-capturing period spent outside US, remainder option etc.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X