H1B joining time & port of entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B joining time & port of entry

I read H1B FAQ and found that legally I can join anytime within the timeframe of valid H1B status. My H1B was stamped in Jul-08 and have revised joining date in mid May-09 (company is willing to hire me, no issues).

However, considering current political situation in US against H1B do you see any issue at port of entry? I am going to NJ. I heard even though having valid H1B and offer letter, rejection ratio at port of entry is higher

Thanks

I read H1B FAQ and found that legally I can join anytime within the timeframe of valid H1B status. My H1B was stamped in Jul-08 and have revised joining date in mid May-09 (company is willing to hire me, no issues).

However, considering current political situation in US against H1B do you see any issue at port of entry? I am going to NJ. I heard even though having valid H1B and offer letter, rejection ratio at port of entry is higher

---- You have already consumed almost one year of your time staying outside the US due to economy, polictics and may be otehr reasons. If you want to continue staying outised the US, there is no objection from anyone.

---- If an employer has offered you a job, then why aren't you joining them in the US. Economy and politics are flimsy reasons for fear when you and teh employer are confident of the job, assignment, project etc.

---- What rejection ratio are you talking about? Where do you get the data? This shows that you area fearing everything and trying to be overcautious. Well be that way and others can come here and work

---- All matters considered these situations are going to be a continuous cycle adn you cannot prevent it. If you wnat you can wait forever because of economy, politics, finances, markets, crunches, layoffs, benches shady companies, bad consultancies and a host of other issues that you will need reams of paper or bytes on a computer to be written

---- Last word. If you are confident, all thes issues will be withstood by you and dealt with by now had you come by Oct. 2008

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X