Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired H1B Transfer

Hi,

I came to USA on H1B and worked on it till Dec-2007 when I got my COS to L1A approved. The H1B stamp on my passport expired in March 2008. I am currently on L1A with company A. Another company B (a big MNC) is willing to file my H1B transfer. Normally if the H1B is not expired the transfer takes about 1 week under premium processing to get the EAC number. But in my case they say that it will take 6-8 weeks because my H1B is already expired. Is that true? How much time does it take for the H1B transfer in this case?

Thank you.

Not true. Each H1b is independent. They can PP your case as a COS and still get the answer in 2 weeks. It could take 2-6 months with normal processing. You can only work for them after the approval of the H1b and you should not work on L1 from day of H1b COS approval. It is illegal.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

Can I work for them after I get the EAC number or after I get the approval?

Comment

Urgent

Hi,

With the below situation - If my H1-B transfer to company B is denied then will I loose my current L1-A visa too with company A?

Please reply...
        thanks

Originally posted by abhi2001
        Hi,

I came to USA on H1B and worked on it till Dec-2007 when I got my COS to L1A approved. The H1B stamp on my passport expired in March 2008. I am currently on L1A with company A. Another company B (a big MNC) is willing to file my H1B transfer. Normally if the H1B is not expired the transfer takes about 1 week under premium processing to get the EAC number. But in my case they say that it will take 6-8 weeks because my H1B is already expired. Is that true? How much time does it take for the H1B transfer in this case?

Thank you.

Comment

If denied, nothing happens to your old status as long as it is valid.
          You need an approval to work on any status change case.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

L2 to H1

Hi,

I had a valid H1 which expired in March 2010. Now I am in the US and employed on L2 (EAD). Can my current employer file an H1 Transfer for the old H1 in Jan 2011 or do I need a fresh H1 to be filed by my current employer. Also, if the latter is true (i.e. a new H1 has to be filed), can I begin working on my (new) H1 prior to Oct 2011.

Thanks for all your help

Comment

Duplicate post.
              http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84429

Originally posted by ask **** **2011 View Post
              Hi,

I had a valid H1 which expired in March 2010. Now I am in the US and employed on L2 (EAD). Can my current employer file an H1 Transfer for the old H1 in Jan 2011 or do I need a fresh H1 to be filed by my current employer. Also, if the latter is true (i.e. a new H1 has to be filed), can I begin working on my (new) H1 prior to Oct 2011.

Thanks for all your help
              Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X