Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of Residence question while scheduling interview

Hi All,

I am in US(almost a year) on H1B and scheduled interview with Hyderabad consulate for H1B extension ( from different employer) and fresh H4Bs for my family (they did not come to US).

While scheduling I selected state of residence as "Resident of India/Bhutan" and state as "Andhra Pradesh" for me and for all my family members.

Question is Do I need to select "Indian Citizen resident in US" ?, if yes then my family members state is also becoming "Indian Citizen resident in US" and which is wrong (and those buttons are disabled for them), so I selected "Resident of India/Bhutan" for me and it automatically selected my state to my family members also.

Any one please suggest whether it is OK to select "Resident of India/Bhutan" or Do I need to cancel the appointment and take new appointment with "Indian Citizen resident in US" ? Or Do we have any other way to change this without cancelling appintment ?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sagar
    Last edited by sagar197812; 03-13-2009, 11:42 PM. Reason: change of title

Help needed : State of Residence question while scheduling interview

Can any one please suggest me what should I do now. I am running out of time.

Thanks in advance.

~ Sagar

Comment

Hey man.... make sure you open that website vfs-usa.co.in via IE... dont use mozilla or any other browser... The website sucks pretty badly... I attempted about 10 times before I was able to complete my interview appointment.

Comment

Urgent Help needed

Hi All,

Could anyone please help me to solve this issue ? If I am required to fix this issue then I will have very less time to fix it. Your timely help is urgently required.

PLEASE SUGGEST ME ON THIS.

I am in US(almost a year) on H1B and scheduled interview with Hyderabad consulate for H1B extension ( from different employer) and fresh H4Bs for my family (they did not come to US).

While scheduling I selected state of residence as "Resident of India/Bhutan" and state as "Andhra Pradesh" for me and for all my family members.

Question is Do I need to select "Indian Citizen resident in US" ?, if yes then my family members state is also becoming "Indian Citizen resident in US" and which is wrong (and those buttons are disabled for them), so I selected "Resident of India/Bhutan" for me and it automatically selected my state to my family members also.

Any one please suggest whether it is OK to select "Resident of India/Bhutan" or Do I need to cancel the appointment and take new appointment with "Indian Citizen resident in US" ? Or Do we have any other way to change this without cancelling appintment ?
        Thanks in advance.
        ~Sagar
        Last edited by sagar197812; 03-14-2009, 10:59 AM.

Comment

You can just choose indian citizen resident in US for yourself and ignore it if you cant make a proper selection for your family. You can ask VFS if you can correct it by pen and do that, or just let the VO know about the problem you faced, if asked. No need to panic about this when there are may other things to worry about in application now a days.

Comment

Thank you for your response. So,can I cancel the current appointment and take new appointment with "Indian Citizen resident in US" for me (and same will be applied for my family) ? Can I take appointment immediately after cancelling current appointment or do I need to wait for some time ?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
            ~ Sagar

Comment

No need to cancel. In principle you are Indian resident and only temporarily in the US. If you have Indian address as permanent address in you visa application forms, then you should be fine. In general, you can explain the situation to the VFS people.
              This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X