Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertng F1 to H1 !

Hi Folks

I am currently on F1 Visa pursuing MS in CS.I am filing for H1 on 1st April 2009 through my company.I wanted to know, after INS approval of my H1, do i need to wait till October 2009 for my status to be converted to H1 from F1 or is my Status automatically coverted as soon as my H1 is approved.

Note: I had not yet completed my 1st semester of MS and i am no longer interested to pursue MS if my H1 is approved.

Thanks

According to Efren Hernandez memo, your status changes to H1 on Oct 1st, if your H1 gets approved with a change of status from F1.

Read the FAQs - https://www.immihelp.com/h1b-visa-change-of-status-faq/

Comment

You have to maintain F1 status till Oct 1 or leave the country.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

F1 to H1

Thanks for the reply.

I just want to clarify : Do i need to register for studies for the semester starting in August ? If i doesn't, will that be legal.

Can i apply for change of status before October and after my H1 application is picked up in lottery, so that i need not register for the courses in August.

Thanks

Comment

you can not apply for a change of status after your H1-B is approved. You have no option than to wait until October. If you wish to stay in the country, register for courses or you need to go back!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X