Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port of entry

Hi all,

I'm planning to come to us after 10 months of my stay in India.
    1. Can anyone please tell me what probably be asked at the immigration check?
    2. What all documents I need to carry?
    3. I heard that they call up employer for verification and other stuff.. Is this true?
    4. What precautions need to be taken to avoid any situation of deportation or a similar one?

It would be really helpful if any1 can answer me at the earliest as my travel date is nearing. Thanks in advance.

What visa are you on?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

I'm on H1 b visa. Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Do you have a project?

1. The usual stuff. More about your job as you are entering after a long gap.
        2. All docs associated with your job offer, previous paystubs, status proof, W2s wtc.
        3. Yes. If you are with a consulting company and don't have a client, you may be in for trouble.
        4. Have a genuine case for H1b entry and never violate your status.
        Last edited by txh1b; 03-17-2009, 10:41 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks so much for the information.

1. From where do i get the status proof? Will I not be inactive as I'm away from us for these many days?
          2. What is W2s wtc?
          3. Can't I say that I was on leave due to some personal reason? Is that fine as I dont have recent paystubs.
          4. I have a offer letter which was offered in nov 2007. Will that help me anyway?

Kindly inform me about this as I'm not aware of all these things.
          Last edited by ramyacm; 03-17-2009, 03:13 PM.

Comment

1. Not needed.
            2. Your tax return statements.
            3. Personal leaves are a no-no these days. Since you were out of US, you cant have pay-stubs.
            4. An offer letter from NOV of 2007 will NOT work.

This raises doubt that may be you are trying to enter without your employer knowing about it. Are you? You may be turned back from PoE itself, beware.
            Last edited by orion; 03-17-2009, 04:59 PM.

Comment

You need proof of previous status held in US. If it was H1b, you should have gotten paid and paid taxes. It is fraudulent to enter on H1b without your employer's consent and a valid job offer that is current in US.

Comment

I was in US for couple of months and I wasn't paid as I was on bench. After that I have returned to India. I didn't come to US all these days as my employer is in a bad shape. I even paid money for my H1 filling. I now heard that the employees under my employer left him as he is not in a position to place any1. I'm really worried abt my H1 so wanted to travel atleast now.

1. Can any1 please tell me what do I need to carry now as I dont have any tax returns with me.
                2. Can I carry a letter stating that I'm still their employee?

If there is anything else I can do please do advice me. Thanks

Comment

Is your employer invting you or are you are just travelling on your own??

Comment

My employer is fine with my arrival. But he said he is not responsible after I enter US. Is it fine if i enter us in this case?

Comment

Originally posted by ramyacm
                      My employer is fine with my arrival. But he said he is not responsible after I enter US. Is it fine if i enter us in this case?
                      THIS IS CONSIDERED IMMIGRATION FRAUD!!! DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT IT.

You should find a new employer, transfer the H1b and enter only after that is approved. It is not subject to cap. Read the FAQs.

Comment

Please us know if you get in the U.S.. If you do not reply we will assume that you got cought, which you well will.
                        Check out H1 FAQs first!
                        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

You dont want to be detained at the airport for xx number of hours/days and be put on a flight back home

If you dont pay for your ticket back and make them pay for it, you are banned for 5 yrs to enter US

Comment

Firstly I would like to thank all of u who took time to ans my queries. I'm not travelling as advised by all of u.

1. Can I transfer my H1 even while I'm in India?
                            2. Can you tell me which consulting company can I approach for this transfer? As we can't trust every company these days.

I'm actually not aware of the process. Kindly let me know. I'm already having a troublesome employer and would not want to get another similar experience.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

1. Yes.
                              2. I have no idea.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X