Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 Visa Appt for Wife - Husban's H1B Expiring Jun 2009!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Appt for Wife - Husban's H1B Expiring Jun 2009!

I'm currently on H1B in the US, my 1st 3 yr H1B expires Jun 30 2009. I got married in India in Dec 08 & I have visa appt for my Wife @ US Consulate (Hyderabad) in Apr 09. I have not applied for another 3 year extension of my H1B yet. Would greatly appreciate answers to these 3 Questions:

1. What do I fill out on the DS-156 form where it asks 'How Long Do you intend to Stay in the US?'

2. When the consular asks my wife if I've applied for the 3 year H1B extension, what should her answer be?

3. I've actually filled the DS 156 form while booking the appointment & filled 1 month as an answer for 'How Long Do you intend to Stay in the US?' because my current H1B expires Jun 30 2009, Do I need to change this before she goes to the interview?

My employer wants to file for the 3 year extension for my H1B next month!

Thanks much to all the experts...

1. Date on your current I797.
    2. Truth.
    3. No

File for an extension along with the H4 included once your wife is in US. If you get the approval before travel, she can carry your new I797 and get I-94 based on your new petition end date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks!!!

Ok Great...Thanks a Lot!!!

Your advice is much appreciated...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X