Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applying H1

Hi

Now i am on H4 and iam thinking to apply for H1 this year. But i came to know that due to the current economic situation, H1 petitions submitted by H4 candidates will be rejected as their spouses are on H1( as already one person in the family is working). Can anyone had idea on this.

On the other hand some of my friends are saying, because of current economic situation only few people will apply for H1 so you will be definitely getting H1 if you apply.

please suggest as i am really confused.

Thank you for your responses.

Now i am on H4 and iam thinking to apply for H1 this year. But i came to know that due to the current economic situation, H1 petitions submitted by H4 candidates will be rejected as their spouses are on H1( as already one person in the family is working). Can anyone had idea on this.

On the other hand some of my friends are saying, because of current economic situation only few people will apply for H1 so you will be definitely getting H1 if you apply.

please suggest as i am really confused.

---- There is nothing to be confused about. If you are confident and have a good employer who can sponsor your H1 then you should go ahead and apply. All kinds of stories/rumors will keep floating around till the applications reach USCIS. Nobody will ever know what kind of applications have reached USCIS. Of course later you will find that one of your friends who was on H4 got selected for H1 and he/she will start working from OCt. 1. At that stage there is nothing you can do

---- Listen to people and believe them or go ahead and apply. The choice and decision always remain with you

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by ravi11
      H1 petitions submitted by H4 candidates will be rejected as their spouses are on H1( as already one person in the family is working).
      Most absurd reason I've heard till date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by ravi11
        Hi

I dont understand where are these nonsense rumors arising from? One person in family, good days for stamping, bad mood of officers???

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X