Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing time for renewal of passport

Hello Friends,
    On the Indian Embassy's website it says that it will take 4-5 days for processing the renewal of a passport. The officer at the port of entry wrongly took my passport expiry date to be 10th April 2009 instead of 4th October 2009 and gave me an I94 valid till 10th of April. I sent the passport to the Indian embassy for renewal and they received it on March 10th. However, today i learn that the time taken to process the passport maybe as much as 3-4 weeks. Even assuming that it takes 3 weeks I should receive it by March 31st and hence giving me ample time to renew my I-94 but if it is 4 weeks it will be April 6th giving me less but still time. However if it goes beyond that then I will be out of status. So my first question is in your experience how much time does it take to renew one's passport by mail. Is 4 weeks enough? In case my I-94 expires and I don't have a passport what are my options? Wait till my passport arrives apply for a visitor visa for another nation and then come back or can I try my luck with the local CBP?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X