Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls help me out

Hi all pls help me out
    i was in US for about 10 months from june 2007 to march 2008,in this period i was on the project for about 5 months from oct 2007 to march 2008.For the 2007 year ie for 3 months i paid taxes, but after 2008 march i lost the job and came back to india.Now im still in india working for the same employer(in india),since i worked for 3 months in 2008 ie from jan 2008 to march 2008 i got W2 for this financial year so my question is
    1)Can i file w2 from india through online,since im not staying in US now can i give any one of my friends address for further communication
    2)If so,if i get the tax rebates check generally it would be posted to my prevoius address then how should i reclaim

i was in US for about 10 months from june 2007 to march 2008,in this period i was on the project for about 5 months from oct 2007 to march 2008.For the 2007 year ie for 3 months i paid taxes, but after 2008 march i lost the job and came back to india.Now im still in india working for the same employer(in india),since i worked for 3 months in 2008 ie from jan 2008 to march 2008 i got W2 for this financial year so my question is

1)Can i file w2 from india through online,since im not staying in US now can i give any one of my friends address for further communication

---- Yes, you can file your taxes from India and it can be online or even by mail. Either way you will get your tax return. You can also provide the Indian address adn teh tax return will be sent to your address in India

2)If so,if i get the tax rebates check generally it would be posted to my prevoius address then how should i reclaim

---- What tax rebates are you talking about? In all instances you can give your address in India or your US Bank account information so that the amount can be directly deposited into that account. IRS honors all adddreses worldwide and promptly mail them to you

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X