Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT to H1 :confused:

hii,

i have recently graduated with a masters degree in comp science and currently on OPT....with this whole unemployment and H1 dilemma going on i am really confused as there is some new to hear almost everyday.....i wanna know a couple of things things that should hopefully should help me take a wise decision:

1) if i file for H1 this yr and it gets approved will my status change to H1 automatically from OCT/2009 or when i go to india to get the H1 visa stamped??

2)in the current situation with H1 i feel it is adivisable to utilize my OPT status but again confused about the OPT xtension. How easy/hard is it to get an 17 mnth OPT extension? if anyone had an OPT ext can yo plz share ure experience.

3) is it advisable to get bak to F1 from H1 nytime or is it risky? does it pose a problem nytime in the future?

i greatly appreciate all suggestions and advices....SENIOR MEMBERS/ADMINS i request if yo can gimme some sugggestions and NOT CFR docs as they are more confusing and scary for me.....thanks for understanding

1. If H1b is filed as a COS, it will. Read the sticky thread.
    2. If you meet the criteria and a STEM degree, you can.
    3. Once COS H1b is approved and effective Oct 1st, you cannot use OPT anymore.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

hii TXH1B

thank you the confusion is cleared now....cheers!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X