H1 B cancellation outside country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B cancellation outside country

I tried to find solution for my case but couldnt find any appropriate answer.

Here is my case.

I came to to US on H1B of Company-A, after working for 9-10 months transferred my visa to Company-B, which is an MNC, working with them since 14 months. Recently my project ended, one of the manager said they are some projects in london, asked if I am ready to move for time being, till market is up in US. I felt being with project somewhere is better than being on bench as I may be fired if I stay on bench for long. After I gave confirmation they started my UK visa procession, my UK salary is quite less but felt better than being jobless.
    A few days back I heard from my friends that employers are cancelling visa, I immediately contacted our employer's immigration dept, they said they dont cancel unless I am going on long term trip. They didnt quantify the duration.

Here are my qts,
    1) is the employer responsible to inform me incase they are cancelling my H1-b?
    2)Can I apply for transfer, after they cancel(what I want to know is would I be counted outside quota or should I again start from scratch).

Someone please answer my qts, so that I will take care of my H1B.
    The main reason I am worried is our company doesnt do fresh H1B they only transfer H1b or apply new L1s from India, Philipines etc.

Thanks in Advance.

1. No
    2. Read the FAQs.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X