Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withdrawal query

Hello,

I see a status on the USCIS website that says "Current Status: Withdrawal Acknowledgment Notice Sent".

Does this mean that the employer got an acknowledgement from the USCIS that they have received a letter for withdrawaing the pending H1 ?

OR

Has USCIS really withdrawn my H1 ?

Thank you.

WIthdrawal has already happened. Whatever it means, does not matter as the request notice would have a date of revoke/withdrawal.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you.
      The date in the website says March 12 2009.
      So this means on March 12 the petition was withdrawn. It did not say "revoke" as the petition was never approved.

Comment

What is your question and how does it matter to your case?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I'm in the US working on L1b visa. This is valid till Dec 2009.
          I filed my H1 in 2008. The employer filed with COS. I did not want to work on H1 post Oct 01 so had to do leapfrog.

Looking at the market situation and the current legislations, I thought it would be difficult to work on H1 so I asked for the withdrawal of my pending H1.
          The H1 employer wrote a letter to the USCIS requesting the withdrawal.

In March 2009 it was withdrawn.

My questions are:

1) Am I safe on L1 now ?
          2) I'll be asked to file for L1 extn in June 2009. Will this H1 be a problem ?
          I think "No" as these are two separate petitions. Just want to confirm.
          3) Can I later file for H1 again ?

Thank you.

Comment

1. What do you mean? You were already safe since you leapfrogged.
            2. No, you can forget about that H1 now.
            3. Yes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X