H1B Visa with Arrest Record for Domestic Violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa with Arrest Record for Domestic Violence

I am applying for an H1B visa to the States. I have an arrest record in New Jersey without conviction. The case was dismissed. Can it influence my H 1 B application in a negative way?

I would really appreciate some feedback

Originally posted by Bublik View Post
    I am applying for an H1B visa to the States. I have an arrest record in New Jersey without conviction. The case was dismissed. Can it influence my H 1 B application in a negative way?

I would really appreciate some feedback
    -- Not really but yes, if you go for renew you H1B the VO will ask you about same & you must have to mentioned it when you will submit your DS156 forms. I hope you understand. your crime is normal then you dont have any probs. becareful...
    Last edited by OMM; 03-25-2009, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Carry all related paperwork from the court etc to prove case was dismissed and there was no conviction. On DS-156, answer all questions truthfully.

Comment

Say "yes" to arrest, you are NOT guilty if the case was dismissed unless the it was due to some plea bargain agreement or so which will be problematic as that is treated as admission of guilt.

In case of a plain dismissal, get it expunged.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X