Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of status H1 to H4

Hi,

Me and my husband are on H1 currently working in US. My H1 expires next month (H1 not being extended). I had the questions below on H1 to H4 transfer.

When should my husband initiate the H4 aplication process, can this be done after my H1 expiry date also?

If yes how long can I stay in US after my H1 expires?

Is there a need to travel back to India in between H1-H4 transfer?

If I apply for an H1 transfer with new company is it ok to apply for H4 also simultaneously just in case H1 does not get approved?

Is it necessary that my name is added to my husband's passport as spouse to apply for my H4? Any other condition to be met before applying for my H4?

Kindly advise.
    Thanks much in advance.
    Leks

Can some one please help me....

Comment

Look at the forum. It already has answers to your case.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Can you please give me some pointers....
        I tried but did not find any.

Comment

Any changes in status has to be requested before your current status expires.
          As long as the COS is pending and it was applied before the I-94 expired, you can stay.
          Not if a COS is approved.
          Look up last action rule and read. The one that gets approved last determines your final status. Having competing petitions is never a good idea.
          Not required to have a spouse name or the last name.

You should read more posts on the forum and get some details. I have answered similar questions many times before.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you very much!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X