Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent :- 'Spouse name' correction in the Passport

Hi All,

I need your help and great suggestions. Here is my problem .

I am in USA on H1 and my wife joined me on H4 in May'08. Recently she went to India for a short trip and there she applied for 'Spouse name endorsement'. She got her new passport with her last name changed and in the new one, 'name of spouse' was printed wrongly (one letter is missing out of 25 letters and she is planing to start to USA soon.

My question is,

1. Is it necessary to apply for the name correction? (She already got her H4 stamped with maiden name and traveled to USA once with the old passport)

2. What kind of issues/questions she has to face at port of entry?

3. What name she has to fill in the I94 (Before/After marriage name)?

4. Can I apply for the name correction once she comes to USA.

Please advice me.

Thanks,
    Rao

Hi Rao,

I am not sure but it may create problems for her as at POE -I-94 may be given as per the name in the passport but others can suggests.

It happened with my wife also - as her name was printed wrong(1 letter) and she was about to fly in 1 week.
    She went to the passport office and they just put a stamp /endorsement in one of the page that her correct name is ABC.
    It was done in a day.
    So just try it out in the passport office and see if it can be done .

Thanks ,
    Abhay

Comment

Hi Abhay,

Thanks for your reply. In this case, her first name and last name was perfect. The mistake is on the last page of the passport, where the Father/Mother/Spouse name was printed. When she applied for the spouse name endorsement, she faced lot of issues to get her passport done (Around 2 months). If she again submits it, I am not sure whether she will get it with in time or not. Anyhow, I will ask her to check that in the passport office. Once again thank you very much for your reply.

Comment

Spoue Name Correction on Passport

Hi,

I have been following lot of replie w.r.t to spouse name correction but not satisfied with the response and guidance. Any help greatly appreciated.

My spouse name on his passport is e.g: Anthony Angelo Martin Gonsalves
        Anthony Angelo Martin - FN
        Gonsalves - LN

While applying for my new passport I added his name as e.g: Anthony Gonsalves instead of:
        Anthony Angel Martin Gosalves.

I am going to India in a week to file for my H4 extension and for my husband's H1B stamping. Do I need to get the name endorsed from NY Embassy before I travel? Just want to if it will be a problem?

Its urgent. Please reply fast.

Thanks
        Newyork2010.

Comment

Hi,

Please advise on spouse name correction. Its urgent! Will this correction be done on same passport owill they issue me new one if I contact NY embassy.

I am planning to change his name on my passport from: Anthony Golsalves
          to
          Anthony Angelo Martin Gonsalves which is actual legal name.

How long does the process take? How soon will I get my passport back?

Thanx
          Newyork2010.

Comment

Hi OP,

as per my opinion...

If the SPOUSE NAME on your Passport is not complete, then I will not take that much tension if the time is short to change it(Unless there is a huge difference)
            So when I 'll have time - I'll get it changed.
            Also as you have said that you are going together for H1 and H4 stamping -so you should be fine

Issue is only when the Main name of the passport holder is wrong/incomplete-then we should get it changed before going for the stamping.

Thanks and Regards.
            Abhay

Comment

Spouse name correction on Indian passport

Hi Abhay,

Thanks for your input. Appreciate the response. I searched across many forums and realised it need not be a big deal as long as your I-797 has the correct name and your marriage certificate has the exact legal name or both the parties concerned (in this case husband and wife) as on your passport.

Thanks and appreciate the help. If you any get any further info, please post on this thread for everyone's benefit.

~ Newyork2010.

Comment

H1 B stamping concerns.

Hi All,

I am having concern with MY H1 B Stamping. I got my passport earlier (before marriage) so spouse name is not there.

Can anybody suggest will it put any impact to my stamping process.

Regards,
                Bhawani

Comment

Spouse name is not required in the passport. Marriage certificate, marriage invitation and few marriage pictures will do.

Originally posted by bhawani View Post
                  Hi All,

I am having concern with MY H1 B Stamping. I got my passport earlier (before marriage) so spouse name is not there.

Can anybody suggest will it put any impact to my stamping process.

Regards,
                  Bhawani
                  Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Spoue name wrongly spelled in passport.. will it be a problem in US visa stamping

Hi,

I am yet to process visa for my mother-in-law and her passport has her spouse name misspelled by one letter. But her surname and given name are correct.
                    Will it be a problem in US visa stamping? Please guide.

Thanks
                    Kumar

Comment

Spouse Name wrong space missing in surname in the passport

Hi All,
                      I have query on the spouse name correct in the back of the passport where we mention the Spouse Name. we missed a space in the surname if the name
                      Eg: Surname is CHERUPPUM PULLIL it was given as CHERUPPUMPULLIL

The Spouse name is misspelt in my passport (H1 Visa). I and my husband are going for Visa Stamping in a week. Will this any problem. The Name is correct in his passport and kids passport(H4 -dependents).

Should we change the name in My passport. Any information would be helpful in this regard.

Regards,
                      Ambily

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X