H-1B Transfer Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Transfer Questions

I am working as a 'Program Manager' for my current employer. I had to find another job as my employer was laying off people. I have now landed another job as "Systems Analyst" with a firm ready to transfer my H-1B. My questions are:
    1. Can I transfer my H-1B to another employer without any issue as my new LCA will show me as "Systems Analyst" rather than "Program Manager" which my current LCA shows.
    2. How soon is the transfer application processed if done under premium processing?
    3. My spouse and daughter currently have approved H4 extension of stay since their visa expired last year. This is dependent on my current H-1B and valid until 2011. While I apply for transfer of my H-1B do I need do any similar application for their H4? They are currently with me here in US.

Thanks for your asnwers.

I am working as a 'Program Manager' for my current employer. I had to find another job as my employer was laying off people. I have now landed another job as "Systems Analyst" with a firm ready to transfer my H-1B. My questions are:
    1. Can I transfer my H-1B to another employer without any issue as my new LCA will show me as "Systems Analyst" rather than "Program Manager" which my current LCA shows.

---- Yes, you can transfer. Justify your new position to ensure that they match your skills sets to those of the job requirement

2. How soon is the transfer application processed if done under premium processing?

---- Normally 2-3 weeks

3. My spouse and daughter currently have approved H4 extension of stay since their visa expired last year. This is dependent on my current H-1B and valid until 2011. While I apply for transfer of my H-1B do I need do any similar application for their H4? They are currently with me here in US.

---- There is no need. At the time of H4 renewal provide the new H1 I-797

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks Subramanya. I appreciate your quick response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X