X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open MTR and H1B transfer

Hello all,

I am currently working for company B.

Does an open MTR with company A(for H1B extension) affect H1B transfer to company C ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

It is not clear from the post about the circumstances surrounding the case. Too hard to guess from what you provided. In general, no.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

If extension with A was denied due to not maintaining status, then transfer will also not go through. Otherwise provide more details.

Comment

Open MTR and H1B transfer

Sorry about that....

Here are my case details..

- I was working for "Company A" which filed for my H1B extension which later got denied.
        - Before the extension "company A" H1B was denied I stated working for "company B" from which I have a valid I-94 and an approved I-797
        - Now I would like to transfer my H1B to Company C which is a multi-billion dollar company.
        - Now Company A wants to file an MTR to challenge why my H1B extension was denied.

my question is...

If "Company A" files for MTR, will it have any adverse impact on my H1B transfer to "Company C" ?

Thanks again.

Comment

No. But if you don't want to work for A, why are they doing this?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking if there is a denial notice against my case it might cause any issue transfering my H1B to company C. Instead, I thought if I open an MTR it might make my case as pending instead of denial thus avoiding issues transfering H1B to company C. Am I thinking wrong ?

Comment

Each H1b is evaluated independently.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I really appreciate your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X