Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling H1B Visa..URGENT HELP!!

Hi,

I am in India for the past 6months (earlier was on F1 in the US) . Got my H1B visa stamped in Nov 2008(valid until 2011) in India , my employer being a consultancy for whom I worked on a couple of projects in the US (on my CPT and OPT).

Now as I have accepted an offer from Company A in India (have 3 weeks to join , obviously have to work in India) ...
    1. do I / my US employer have to cancel my H1B visa?
    2. also as I have to go to the US to get few of my things back , can i use this H1B visa to go there for a couple of weeks (before me joinig CompanyA)?
    3. As I am planning to leave Company A in a year or two ..can I later use this H1B visa (if it is not cancelled my me /US employer) to go to the US?

Thanks,
    Aparna

1. Their choice. It is immaterial to you.
    2. No, it is fraud and illegal to use H1b to enter. You should apply for B2.
    3. If you have an approved I797 from another employer or your previous one is still valid with a new job offer letter. Read the FAQs.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X