Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impact on L1 extension due to H1B rejection....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact on L1 extension due to H1B rejection....

Hi,

I am currently holding a L1 visa with my current company A. I had applied for my H1 in 2008 through Company B (my present employer, company A is not aware of this). My H1 got selected in the lottery. However, there was an RFE and finally 2 days back the petition was rejected.

My L1 is about to expire later this year and my current employer, company A is going to renew/submit a new petition for my L1 extension. My questions are:
    1. Would my L1 extension/new petition, be impacted in anyway due to my H1 rejection.
    2. During the L1 renewal/new petition, do I need to furnish the information on my H1 rejection (considering my current employer is not aware of this ).

Please help.

1.No
    2. No

L1 extensions as such are getting denied.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thnks Txh1b

Your clarification is of gr8 relief.

However, I am just a bit confused about your statement "L1 extensions as such are getting denied."

Do you mean to say that currently L1 extensions are getting denied? My L1 is about to expire only later this year (Nov).

Comment

And to add to that, My company may not file for an extension. They might go for a new petition all together.
        1.Do you see any risk in That?
        2. And incase they apply for a complete new petition, then do i need to furnish my H1 denial details?

Again thanking you.

Comment

No one needs to know about H1b unless you want to tell.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank txh1b again for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X