6 year H1B Extension validity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 year H1B Extension validity

I started working on H1B visa since Jan 2005 (date on my first I797). I understand that one can work on H1B visa for 6 years; does that mean that I can remain on H1B till Jan 2011?
    My current I797 (new employer) expires in Jan 2010 and my I94 date on passport is Feb 2010. How long before can I apply for an H1B extension?

Does that mean I can apply for H1B extension of just one more year from 2010 till 2011 (that would be my 6th year of H1B)? I have my I-140 approved; does that mean that when I apply for H1B extension I am eligible for 3 years extension (2010 to 2012)?

I have heard that these days H1B extension is becoming very difficult for consultants. Is that true even if you have always been on a client project and have consistent pay stubs to prove the same ?

Any input would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks

I started working on H1B visa since Jan 2005 (date on my first I797). I understand that one can work on H1B visa for 6 years; does that mean that I can remain on H1B till Jan 2011?
    My current I797 (new employer) expires in Jan 2010 and my I94 date on passport is Feb 2010. How long before can I apply for an H1B extension?

Does that mean I can apply for H1B extension of just one more year from 2010 till 2011 (that would be my 6th year of H1B)? I have my I-140 approved; does that mean that when I apply for H1B extension I am eligible for 3 years extension (2010 to 2012)?

----- If your I-140 is approved, you can apply for a 3 year H1 extension

I have heard that these days H1B extension is becoming very difficult for consultants. Is that true even if you have always been on a client project and have consistent pay stubs to prove the same ?

---- If all your documents are in order, there should not be anything to be worried about regarding your extension

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X