Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding bank statements and pay stubs required for H4

Hi friends,

I got my H1B stamped on November 2008, came to US on Jan 2009, joined a job on March 11th. Got my first pay stub on March 27th and expecting to get the next stub on April 10th. I am planning to schedule the H4 interview for my spouse and kid on April 22nd, at the time of interview she will be carrying the following papers in addition to the other mandatory requisites (I-797 Petition, LCA, Marriage Certificate, Wedding Album, Emp Verification letter,etc..);

1]Two pay stubs for the month of March.
    2] A single Bank statement for the month of March, as I joined job only on March 11th, I will be able to provide only one month bank statement by the time of interview.

Will the above 3 papers (2 Pay Stubs + 1 Bank Statement) in addition to the other madatory papers satisfy the VISA officer?

Appreciate your help in advance.

What about the out of status period from Jan to March? You may be asked to prove status for all the time you have been in US. Also, consider carrying other documents that appear in 221(g) refusal.

Comment

you should be able to show that u r working all the time since you landed here. coz u got a payslip in march, march is covered.. and then you would have to justify why you were not paid in months of jan and feb.. depending on number of days for which you were unpaid, you may show that you were on leave or something like that..

that bank statement copy that she is carrying should have all the days right from the day you had opened the account, since you had come here only in jan 09 (to avoid any query)..

Comment

Originally posted by demagogue View Post
        depending on number of days for which you were unpaid, you may show that you were on leave or something like that..
        That doesnt work anymore, and do not post unlawful advises.

Comment

My wife and kid went for their H4 interview on 7th May 2009, the interview was simple and the VISA got approved.

Following are the questions asked by Visa Officer;

1.Marriage Date?
          2.What is the name of your husbands employer in US?
          3.How long is he working with this employer?
          4.Do you know the name of client company your husband is working ?
          5.Location of client company?
          6.Annual income of your spouse?

Thats it ... No pay stubs / Bank statements/Employer verification letter / Wedding Album were asked during the interview.
          Edit/Delete Message

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X