H1 transfer while outside U.S---pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer while outside U.S---pls help

Hi Senior member: Pls help me to understand my situation. I have been with company A since Aug 2006 valid until sept 2009. last year during april 2008 i had to come to my home country for an family emergancy and got stuck @ the consulate due to admin processing. Now embassy returned my passport with visa stamped on it until sept 2009 (with comp A petition).
    company A did not cancel my H1 and paid me until July 2008 No paystub after that. Now comp A says they dont have job for me and dont provide me fresh employment letter to enter U.S.A. Now Can I transfer my H1 to comp B while outside U.S and no paystub since July 2008. And can i use the transfer recipt notice to enter U.S with comp A stamped VISA (until sept 2009).
    will greatly appreciate your help...pretty confused @ this point.

Pls help me to understand my situation. I have been with company A since Aug 2006 valid until sept 2009. last year during april 2008 i had to come to my home country for an family emergancy and got stuck @ the consulate due to admin processing. Now embassy returned my passport with visa stamped on it until sept 2009 (with comp A petition).
    company A did not cancel my H1 and paid me until July 2008 No paystub after that. Now comp A says they dont have job for me and dont provide me fresh employment letter to enter U.S.A. Now Can I transfer my H1 to comp B while outside U.S and no paystub since July 2008. And can i use the transfer recipt notice to enter U.S with comp A stamped VISA (until sept 2009).
    will greatly appreciate your help...pretty confused @ this point

---- Yes, you can transfer your H1 but you have wait till the H1 is approved and if it approved after Sept. 2009 then you have to get a new visa stamp as the existing visa will be expiring by then. Hope you are lucky to get the Hq approval notice before Sept. 2009

Subramanya

Comment

Thanks man for your response. If I look at the POE conditions it says that if you have recipt of transfer petition submitted in timely fashion and have valid visa from previous employer (petitioner) you can enter USA. Please see the POE tab....thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X