3 questions on a fresh H1...Thanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 questions on a fresh H1...Thanks.

1. The employer sponsoring H1 visa for my wife believes that that USCIS will accept petitions until April 7, 2009, even if it is a lottery system. Is this true?

2. Will she go into automatic COS to H1 once the H1 is approved? What is the meaning of ammendment to H1 COS? She is here on H4 visa now.

3. The employer is planning to apply as 'IN-HOUSE' project...Will this create problems? Is the 221g issued only when we go for stamping?

Thank you very much guys...

1. The employer sponsoring H1 visa for my wife believes that that USCIS will accept petitions until April 7, 2009, even if it is a lottery system. Is this true?

---- Yes

2. Will she go into automatic COS to H1 once the H1 is approved? What is the meaning of ammendment to H1 COS? She is here on H4 visa now.

---- No. When you file an application for H1 you have to indicate that it is COS from H4 -H1. Otherwise you will not be given a I-94 along with an approved petition for H1. In which case you have to go out of the country, get a visa satmped on the Passport and then enter US

3. The employer is planning to apply as 'IN-HOUSE' project...Will this create problems? Is the 221g issued only when we go for stamping?

---- In-house project or not it does not create any problems. The employer has to pay you from day 1. Yes 221 g is issued only when you for stamping and if the VO feels that he/she needs to verify more information about the employer and or the employee

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X