Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT to H1 query

Hi,

I would like to know answers for following questions. I am on OPT from December 2008 and get over in November 2008. I am working in a project since January 2008 which will get over in November 2008. Also i come under STEM OPT extension thing too?

Q1. My company is applying H1 this April 2009 is it a good thing to do so since i will be out of job from Novemeber 2008 and chance of getting job in this market is tough so should i apply for H1 this year or stay on my OPT and get an extension?

Q2. If I go on OPT extension do I have to show the payroll in the extension period too. What is the criteria for getting OPT extension and maintaining the extension?

Q3. If I applied for H1 and got it then can I transfer to F1 again to maintain status in US. If yes what is the procedure for it?

Q4. After apply for H1 by the company A this april 2009 and if I get a better job opportunity in company B in August 2009 then can I work in company B eventhough my H1 is applied with Company A?

Q5. After applying H1 when does my OPT status get changed to H1?

Please help I am in big confusion. I would like to thanks in advance.

Karan Singh

I would like to know answers for following questions. I am on OPT from December 2008 and get over in November 2008. I am working in a project since January 2008 which will get over in November 2008. Also i come under STEM OPT extension thing too?

Q1. My company is applying H1 this April 2009 is it a good thing to do so since i will be out of job from Novemeber 2008 and chance of getting job in this market is tough so should i apply for H1 this year or stay on my OPT and get an extension?

---- There is no good time or bad time. You wnat a job on H1 now, apply now. Next year what is the situation is anybody's guess

Q2. If I go on OPT extension do I have to show the payroll in the extension period too. What is the criteria for getting OPT extension and maintaining the extension?

---- Yes, to prove your status and legal presence of stay in the US, you have to show every piece of evidence if enquired into

Q3. If I applied for H1 and got it then can I transfer to F1 again to maintain status in US. If yes what is the procedure for it?

---- Yes, you can by getting admission to a course and let the academic institution complete the rest of the paper work

Q4. After apply for H1 by the company A this april 2009 and if I get a better job opportunity in company B in August 2009 then can I work in company B eventhough my H1 is applied with Company A?

---- No, you have to do a H1 transfer from A to B to work for B

Q5. After applying H1 when does my OPT status get changed to H1?

---- Yes, on Oct 1, 2009. Until then you have to ensure that you legal stay in the US by continuing to be on OPT

Subramanya

Comment

Originally posted by lovekarancute View Post
      hi,

i would like to know answers for following questions. I am on opt from december 2008 and get over in november 2008. I am working in a project since january 2008 which will get over in november 2008. Also i come under stem opt extension thing too?

Q1. My company is applying h1 this april 2009 is it a good thing to do so since i will be out of job from novemeber 2008 and chance of getting job in this market is tough so should i apply for h1 this year or stay on my opt and get an extension?
      --- means, you dont have job? Are you looking job through agents or consultants. Read h1b faq for more understanding of h1b, this category visa is for who have a job offer from us employer.
      q2. If i go on opt extension do i have to show the payroll in the extension period too. What is the criteria for getting opt extension and maintaining the extension?
      ---- maintainyour status of h1b.
      q3. If i applied for h1 and got it then can i transfer to f1 again to maintain status in us. If yes what is the procedure for it?
      -- yes, ask university department they will guide u.q4. After apply for h1 by the company a this april 2009 and if i get a better job opportunity in company b in august 2009 then can i work in company b eventhough my h1 is applied with company a?
      -- no you must have to get h1b approval i797 (if first time h1b then visa is needed) after getting i797 you can apply for company b h1b transfer for that you must have to wait upto 1st oct 2009.
      q5. After applying h1 when does my opt status get changed to h1?
      ---- for everyone who is going to apply for 2010 not only for you but for all h1b applicant must have to wait or enter from oct 1st 2009.please help i am in big confusion. I would like to thanks in advance.
      --- don't be confused read more on h1b here on faq of immihelp or search on google.com , even another portals are there like **** **.com etc, h1b rules are very clear by uscis.
      karan singh
      --- omm
      Last edited by OMM; 03-31-2009, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Thankyou very much Subramanya and OMM... You guys are doing a great job by helping us!!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X