Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need immediate advice on H1

Hi ,

My employer is trying to file a H1 for me this year.But is asking me to sign a bond saying that if I have to voluntarily terminate my employement with him , I need to give him 6 week notice.In addition if I terminate my employement with him within the first one year , I should also give him 10,000 $. Is this kind of agreement/contract legal in the US? Is it advisible for me to go on and sign it?

Originally posted by anjanishriram View Post
    Hi ,

My employer is trying to file a H1 for me this year.But is asking me to sign a bond saying that if I have to voluntarily terminate my employement with him , I need to give him 6 week notice.In addition if I terminate my employement with him within the first one year , I should also give him 10,000 $. Is this kind of agreement/contract legal in the US? Is it advisible for me to go on and sign it?
    ------- Since, the company is spending money for applying for your H1, it will only be natural that they ask for a bond. The bonds are valid only if they are signed in the US.
    Please note that you should read the agreement in full before signing the bond.
    Also please check with the employer as regards bench pay, travel allowances, medical insurance etc. before going ahead.

---- OMM

Comment

Fuch fixed amount bonds are illegal. They can ask for liquidated damages. Contacts signed anywhere are legal. They need not be in US. US is a right to work country and employment is at will. The 6 week notice period is just a joke.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by OMM View Post
        ------- Since, the company is spending money for applying for your H1, it will only be natural that they ask for a bond.
        ---- OMM
        My company also spent money on my immigration case, but it did not seem 'natural' to them to ask me to sign a bond. Please dont circulate false conceptions here.

Comment

Originally posted by orion View Post
          My company also spent money on my immigration case, but it did not seem 'natural' to them to ask me to sign a bond. Please dont circulate false conceptions here.
          --- its not false mostly companies ask for a bond, even my company also not asked.

Comment

Originally posted by OMM View Post
            even my company also not asked.
            I wonder day and night who that is!!!!!!!!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

puzzle of my life!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X