Is there any period limit to use a H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any period limit to use a H1B

OK, so I am currently ona L1 visa in the united states, and a different employer petioned my H1B wich got approved and got effective Oct2008. However the maerkt being way dull, looks like there is serious dearth of projects and the new employer could not manage any suitable oppurtunity for me. So here are the questions..

1. Considering that a H1B is valid for 3 years, is there any time limit that the employer has to start W2 for the employee? ..Or is that that the employee can join the employer anytime within the H1B validity period of 3 years

If the H1b was a COS, you are currently illegally working on L1.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

How do we know whether the H1 transfer is a COS or just a petition approval ?

Thanks.

Comment

797 A or B indicate that.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1B approval will have a I-94 with it if it is a COS.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

But my notice says it's 'I-797C'.
            And I don't have the I-94 attached to it.

Comment

C is just a receipt. Not even an approval.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X