Please -Staying at Guest House Legal or illegal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please -Staying at Guest House Legal or illegal

As a H1Bemployee is it legal staying at consulting company's guest house?

Thats your decision. It is not illegal, where you live is your choice. However, many states have laws about the maximum number of people staying in a X bedroom apartment.

You can read more about guest houses in the upcoming best seller by DMX17

Comment

Originally posted by H1BEmployee1 View Post
      As a H1Bemployee is it legal staying at consulting company's guest house?
      -- yes, if they provide you guest house for your stay its legale. even you can show the US address when you go for apply your visa stamp, I show in my all docs my employers guest house address upto 4years of my stay on H1B, that time bills and all imp.docs came at guest house address....

Comment

You lived in their guest house for 4 years??!!!

Comment

Originally posted by orion View Post
          You lived in their guest house for 4 years??!!!
          -- yes, I'm.

Comment

Hmmm.

It must be really like a house on the pacific coast near lost coast beach for me to even consider it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
              Hmmm.

It must be really like a house on the pacific coast near lost coast beach for me to even consider it.
              -- Great.. I stayed at SF mountain view.

Comment

You are amazing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by orion View Post
                  You are amazing!!!
                  I told ya. I wonder about it night and day!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Please share your thoughts,

I made a complaint to DOL against my employer for not paying for more than 3 months. After that I told my employer about the complaint. Now they are asking me to come to office and to stay in guest house. I know they will force me to sign any other documents, leave, termination or prove some thing. But I NEVER sign on anything. Now what kind of problems I may expect from them?

Please let me know what kind of action I could take if there is any.
                    Last edited by H1BEmployee1; 04-02-2009, 02:10 PM.

Comment

You should make yourself "available" for work to the employer at all times as per the DOL rules for you to get paid. If you don't show up to work, they are protecting themselves from your DOL complaint. You need to should up at work and document that in some fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
                        You should make yourself "available" for work to the employer at all times as per the DOL rules for you to get paid. If you don't show up to work, they are protecting themselves from your DOL complaint. You need to should up at work and document that in some fashion.
                        Thank you for your reply. They never made a request to visit office before but not they are forcing me to come to office. I said the same thing that I am coming.

Is there any DOL rule says that employee should come to office to collect your pay/payslips or any other documents?
                        Last edited by H1BEmployee1; 04-02-2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by H1BEmployee1 View Post
                          Is there any DOL rule says that employee should come to office to collect your pay/payslips or any other documents?
                          Yes and no. DOL uses a broad term "make available to work". Look up the relevant H1b law section from the DOL website.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X