Terminated!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminated!!!

I told my employer about my DOL complaint. They terminated.
    Now what should I do. Any Ideas.

---- Tactfulness and diplomacy are required in all walks of life and whatever issues you are dealing with. Well, now you have to face the music

---- The option remains that you may be able to trasnfer your H1 provided you find an employer. Be quick and respond to your onw situation

---- Apart from finding an employer, consult an attorney to get your situation under control. Else you have to leave the country

---- If all the above take time and resources as per your thinking, then leave the US, proceed to your home country and apply for a transfer from there

---- Of course, we are unaware as to what you hve complained to DOL and what is the situation between you and your employer

---- All the above comments are based on the 2 lines that you have posted

Subramanya

Comment

Look into the Neufield memo. Victims of H1b abuse could still transfer to a new employer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by Subramanya View Post

---- Tactfulness and diplomacy are required in all walks of life and whatever issues you are dealing with. Well, now you have to face the music

---- The option remains that you may be able to trasnfer your H1 provided you find an employer. Be quick and respond to your onw situation

---- Apart from finding an employer, consult an attorney to get your situation under control. Else you have to leave the country

---- If all the above take time and resources as per your thinking, then leave the US, proceed to your home country and apply for a transfer from there

---- Of course, we are unaware as to what you hve complained to DOL and what is the situation between you and your employer

---- All the above comments are based on the 2 lines that you have posted

Subramanya
        Thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

Was it necessary to tell the employer about your complain? This question holds for other similar thread also.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
            Look into the Neufield memo. Victims of H1b abuse could still transfer to a new employer.
            Can I consider this as "Employer retaliated or discriminated against an employee, former employee, or job applicant for disclosing information, filing a complaint, or cooperating in an investigation or proceeding about a violation of the applicable nonimmigrant program laws and regulations (i.e., whistleblower)."
            ? (wh-4 4.(k))

Comment

yes

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

yes
                Do we have any other resources(public or gov services ) to help in "Retaliation"?
                Last edited by H1BTerminated; 04-02-2009, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Court system

Comment

Court system
                    I appreciate your help if you could give me some more information about this like how to approach.

Comment

Wrongful termination. DOL could also help. In this economy, wrongful termination gets harder to prove. Google and read about it and retaliation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X