Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b visa related

Hi,

My fiancée applied for a H1B visa last year 2008 and got her petition approved. She went for the personal appearance to get her visa stamping, but the consulate has asked for additional documents which she has not yet submitted and her visa stamping is still pending.

We both are getting married in another month and I am currently in US on L1B visa. I am planning to bring my wife after marriage on L2 dependent visa because she wants a break and want to work after sometime after coming to US by converting her L2 to H1B. The employer who processed her H1B is also fine with this option.

Here are my questions regarding my case.
    1. Because she has gone for the personal appearance and H1B stamping still pending for additional documents, is it fine to get the L2 and come to US?
    2. If she gets her L2 stamping, with her H1B petition (I747) will still be valid considering the fact that she has not produced the additional document yet?
    3. After coming to US on L2, can she convert her L2 to H1B and start to work without a H1B stamping?
    4. After returning to the home country can she again setup a new personal appearance to get her H1B visa stamping ?

Please please please. Someone reply to my query. Its really very importatnt for me.

Regards and Thanks in advance.

Did you try looking at forum posts?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txhb1,

I did a search in the forum and i was not able to find a answer that is specific to my case. I also searched in other forums like **** **'s forum, but did not fine a answer.

Would appriciate if you or someone answer my questions.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Alright. I have answered same questions many times. This isn't a unique case. Here you go again.

1. Yes, she can enter on L1.
        2. Yes. Petition remains valid unless consulate asks USCIS to revoke it due to fraud.
        3. Yes, Must wait till the COS approval though. Why bother, L2 EAD provides more flexibility.
        4. Yes

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txhb1,

Thanks very much for the response. Appreciate your help on this.

Regards, Ariv

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X