Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a wrong name in Passport

Hi,

My name on my wife's passport under spouse section (Last page in the passport) is "Last Name" "First Name" "Middle Name".Will this create a problem?

I don't want to apply for her H4 visa, if this can lead to any sort of problem for her Visa OR for us in future.

Please advice.I am going to file for a GC, so I don't want to have any error from my side.

Thanks

My name on my wife's passport under spouse section (Last page in the passport) is "Last Name" "First Name" "Middle Name".Will this create a problem?

I don't want to apply for her H4 visa, if this can lead to any sort of problem for her Visa OR for us in future.

Please advice.I am going to file for a GC, so I don't want to have any error from my side.

---- Not an issue

Subramanya

Comment

out of curiosity, passport is such a important document, and the name is not written as "First Name" "Middle Name" "Last Name", wont that create a problem?

In US, how can I prove that I am the same person, what's written in her passport ?

Thanks

Comment

out of curiosity, passport is such a important document, and the name is not written as "First Name" "Middle Name" "Last Name", wont that create a problem?

In US, how can I prove that I am the same person, what's written in her passport ?

---- OK, Your Passport is the important document. Your spouse's passport is only an additional piece of information. That Passport is important for your Spouse, because it is their Passport. The F, M and L names interchanged does not mean much

Subramanya

Comment

Surname of spouse not included in passport

hi, in response to the above query, i have a similar query:

In my husband's passport his name is displayed in surname as 'AAA BBB' and in Given name 'CCC'.

but in my passport the spouse name is given as 'CCC BBB'.
          As his full name is not included in my passport,do I need to apply for a fresh passport? I am going to appy for an L2 visa , wanted to know if this going to create a problem? Should I go for a new passport?

Comment

No problem. In all the forms etc, use the name from your husband's passport.

Comment

Missing middle name on marriage certificate

My middle name is missing from the marriage certificate. Is this going to be a problem when applying for a dependent visa (H4).
              Thank you.

Comment

No. Name on passport can be used.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X