no lottery this year? Subramanya, TXH1B plz respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no lottery this year? Subramanya, TXH1B plz respond

This is the recent post on aila's website saying USCIS continues to accept petitions. Does it mean no lottery this year?

Plz plz respond quickly.

This is the recent post on aila's website saying USCIS continues to accept petitions. Does it mean no lottery this year?

---- Will you be patient enough to wait for press releases from USCIS? Until then just relax and watch the USCIS website for updates

Subramanya

Comment

Very much possible as the jokers aka consulting companies of South Asian origin have stopped filing petitions for every TDH as USCIS has been strict about approving the petitions and issuing RFEs.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Here's USCIS post. So now does this mean no lottery this year and all geniune applications will be processed per merit?

Comment

Of course.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

To ensure a fair system, USCIS may randomly select the number of petitions required to reach the numerical limit from the petitions received as of the final receipt date. USCIS will reject cap subject petitions that are not selected, as well as those received after the final receipt date.

I wonder whats implied by the underlined sentence. Doesnt that mean lottery is still going to happen??

Comment

Just wondering, how USCIS, in this situation, will go about assigning the H1B & to whom. I mean what would be the system like.

Is it like count every petition received until 7th April & assign them H1B. And then, do lottery for the petition afterwards until the count is reached (from 8th April -whenever no is reached beyond cap numbers).

Thoughts appreciated from experts here.

W
              Last edited by Wonder; 04-08-2009, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Lottery for the applications received on Final receipt date. If you have submitted the day before the final receipt date you should be fine.

Lets say for example if today the number of applications are 64990 and 10 more to go for quota to be finished and tomorrow USCIS receives 100 Applications. They will take a lottery among 100 Applications and select 10 so that quota is finished.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not a Lawyer

Comment

Lottery for the applications received on Final receipt date. If you have submitted the day before the final receipt date you should be fine.

Lets say for example if today the number of applications are 64990 and 10 more to go for quota to be finished and tomorrow USCIS receives 100 Applications. They will take a lottery among 100 Applications and select 10 so that quota is finished.

-----That helps people if that is true. So this means that people still have chance to hurry up and apply , if lucky, they may end up within the cap.

Thanks for enlightening.

W

Comment

Only the apps received on the day the cap gets filled will be subject to lottery as per the usual process. The ones that made it in the first week before the cap gets hit will be processed normally without a lottery.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X