Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

questions on OPT and H1-b...please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions on OPT and H1-b...please help!!

Hi,

I was on F1 visa and graduated with Masters degree in Electrical Engineering on Aug22,2008 and had applied for OPT with a start date of Aug25, 2008. But my OPT application was rejected on Sep26 as I had already filed for H1-b(in general quota) and my H1-b was starting from Oct1,2008.

Now I am on H1-b and intend to do an second masters degree. I know that OPT is given only once for one level of degree.

Will I be eligible to get OPT for my Second Masters Degree ?
    Also I am on H1-b visa for 6 months now and intend to go to F1 starting August, 2009. Will I be eligible to file for H1-b after my second Masters Degree ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

I was on F1 visa and graduated with Masters degree in Electrical Engineering on Aug22,2008 and had applied for OPT with a start date of Aug25, 2008. But my OPT application was rejected on Sep26 as I had already filed for H1-b(in general quota) and my H1-b was starting from Oct1,2008.

Now I am on H1-b and intend to do an second masters degree. I know that OPT is given only once for one level of degree.

Will I be eligible to get OPT for my Second Masters Degree ?
    Also I am on H1-b visa for 6 months now and intend to go to F1 starting August, 2009. Will I be eligible to file for H1-b after my second Masters Degree ?

Thank you very much for your help.

--- As far as I know, once you finish your second Master's degree, you should be eligible for an OPT considering you never got your first OPT approved.

--- Secondly, when you finish your Master's degree and want to move to an H1B visa, you will not be subject to a quota as you have not finished your 6 years of eligibility/physical stay.

Seniors, please correct if there is an error.

Thanks
    Rajesh

Comment

this is correct.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X