H4 Visa 221(g) Blue Slip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa 221(g) Blue Slip

I am working in US under H-1 and I recently moved to a new company. I do not have my new company H1 visa stamped in my passport as my previous company visa was valid till next year.

My wife had H4 visa interview in Chennai yesterday. I had sent my original I797 with other H1B supporting documents and recent pay stubs, W2 to her. However, they have retained her passport and issued a blue slip. They have mentioned that they need to do verification with the petitioner as my passport do not have latest company stamping. VO also said they will respond in 10 days.

Is this common issue? Will there be any other complications as she is planning travel early next month?

Any help/information on this would be very much appreciated.

I am working in US under H-1 and I recently moved to a new company. I do not have my new company H1 visa stamped in my passport as my previous company visa was valid till next year.

My wife had H4 visa interview in Chennai yesterday. I had sent my original I797 with other H1B supporting documents and recent pay stubs, W2 to her. However, they have retained her passport and issued a blue slip. They have mentioned that they need to do verification with the petitioner as my passport do not have latest company stamping. VO also said they will respond in 10 days.

Is this common issue? Will there be any other complications as she is planning travel early next month?

Any help/information on this would be very much appreciated

---- Not a big issue. They want to verify the credentials of the petitioner (your employer) and the fact that they have retained your wife's Passport indicates that they are on the verge of issuing the visa, however, the last minute check will make their conclusion absolutely positive

Subramanya

Comment

Subramanya,

Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Hi,

My wife went for H4 at Hyderabad..she received a 221g white form, they have reatined her passport. But I have not changed the company..I am still with my old company..and all paystubs are also from the same company..don't know the reason why they are dealying. It is already one week now.

Please let me know the progress if any in your wife's case. I will also post the progress of my wife's VISA.

Thanks,
        Vijay

Comment

H4 Visa 221(g) Blue Slip

Hi vijaykumarkeerthi,

In how many days did it your wife receive her passport after the Visa interview?

I have attended my interview on 25th March for H4 Visa along with my kid(6 months). VO issued a blue slip with Additional administrative processing... ticked.

Kindly let me know how much time it took in your case.

Thanks,
          Rani

Comment

H4 Visa 221(g) Blue Slip

Hi All,

We received our passports with H4 Visa stamped after 4 days. So, if anyone got blue slip(PIMS) at Hyderabad consulate dont worry.

Comment

H4 Visa 221(g) Blue Slip

My Wife attended H4 interview at Hyderabad consulate on 21 April , the VO returned the passport with a 221g blue form and said that they have to do some Administrative work. A case number is written on that form and a checkmark beside a note saying that they need to do Administrative Processing.
              They didn't ask for any of my documents.
              When we are checking the status on the site it says the wrong case number.
              How many days does it take to get displayed in the site and how many days it will take them to come out with any result.

Thanks,
              Nagesh

Comment

H4 Visa Inquiry

My Wife is schedule for H4 Visa in August and I wanted to see if I could get some quick response on my queries.

1. We got registry marriage on 27th March 2010 but our social marriage is on the 5th August. Would that be an issue as we have two different dates for our marriage?
                2. My wife's passport has her status as single. Would that be a problem.

Any advise would be helpful.

Comment

1. We got registry marriage on 27th March 2010 but our social marriage is on the 5th August. Would that be an issue as we have two different dates for our marriage?
                  >>> No issues. The VO will go by your marriage certificate.

2. My wife's passport has her status as single. Would that be a problem.
                  >>> No issues as long as you carry your marriage certificate and few marroage photographs.
                  Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks a lot for your reply. You saved my breath.

Comment

blue form 221g for h4

hi nagesh

I m also in the same boat

My wife attend the interview on 1 june, 2011 at chennai consulate. its already 1 month is over but there is no mail from the consular.

If any one know about AAP, Please send ur suggestion.

Shravarma
                      Last edited by shravarma; 07-12-2011, 02:59 PM.

Comment

h4 visa

hi i attended h4 visa interview on oct 30 2011 at the time of intrerview they said ur visa has been approved....on the next day when we take passport they retured my passport and given 221g blue sheet and said they need some adminstractive process and given some case number and they said to check status....upto now no respone.....does anyone got like this?

Comment

Originally posted by nageshdg View Post
                          My Wife attended H4 interview at Hyderabad consulate on 21 April , the VO returned the passport with a 221g blue form and said that they have to do some Administrative work. A case number is written on that form and a checkmark beside a note saying that they need to do Administrative Processing.
                          They didn't ask for any of my documents.
                          When we are checking the status on the site it says the wrong case number.
                          How many days does it take to get displayed in the site and how many days it will take them to come out with any result.

Thanks,
                          Nagesh
                          hi mine is also same position....did you got ur wifes visa......please give reply

Comment

H1 visa 221g blue slip

Hi,

My friend went for H1b visa interview on Jan 3rd 2017, he studied in US under F1 and recently graduated with a job and has been working in H1b for almost 10 months, he came for a vacation and visa stamping. His passport and few of his work documents have been retained by the visa officer and he was given 221g blue slip. He has already booked his flight tickets in 2 weeks, and has to resume work soon. How long does AP process takes? Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks,
                            Aishu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X