Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific H1 Stamping related question

I have a specific H1 stamping related question:

I have been on H1B in US since March 2004 through employer A. In 2006, I got my H1 extended, and when I visited India in 2007, I got it stamped, and my current stamping and I94 is till Sept 2009. I changed my employer to employer B on H1, and got I797 till April 2010. Now I am planning to visit India.

My question is do I need to go to the US Consulate in India to get my visa stamped.

I have a specific H1 stamping related question:

I have been on H1B in US since March 2004 through employer A. In 2006, I got my H1 extended, and when I visited India in 2007, I got it stamped, and my current stamping and I94 is till Sept 2009. I changed my employer to employer B on H1, and got I797 till April 2010. Now I am planning to visit India.

My question is do I need to go to the US Consulate in India to get my visa stamped.

--- If you go to India between now and September, then you don't need a new stamp.

If you don't want a new stamp, then I would advise you not to travel in September. Technically, you can come back on the day your stamp expires but why take a chance. Carry you new I-797 without fail to get a new I-94 at POE.

Thanks
    Rajesh

Comment

If you are returning before your current visa gets expired, you do not need stamping. You will need to show your current petition approval on returning, and you will get an I94 for that duration. But, if you are returning after visa expires, you will need a valid stamp.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X