Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

I came to USA in 2007 on H4 and applied for H1B. I got H1B and I have been working since October, 2008. I have almost everything to prove that I was working. My questions are:

1) I am going to India for H1B stamping in May via Frakfurt. Will there be any problems going from there as I have not yet got my visa stamped and my H4 was also under extension before I got my H1.

2) My H4 was stamped in Chennai, as My husband's was from there. But my residential address in india actually falls under Delhi consulate. Where should I go for stamping?

Thanks,

I came to USA in 2007 on H4 and applied for H1B. I got H1B and I have been working since October, 2008. I have almost everything to prove that I was working. My questions are:

1) I am going to India for H1B stamping in May via Frakfurt. Will there be any problems going from there as I have not yet got my visa stamped and my H4 was also under extension before I got my H1.

--- You have been on H1 since Oct 2008 and as a result your H4 extension is immaterial. You said you have "almost" everything to prove that you were working. That is a dangerous word. Please carry all the documents that are required for H1B stamping.

2) My H4 was stamped in Chennai, as My husband's was from there. But my residential address in india actually falls under Delhi consulate. Where should I go for stamping?

--- Delhi would be the right answer as the address in your passport falls under that jurisdiction.

Seniors, please correct if there is an error.

Good luck
    Rajesh

Comment

--- You have been on H1 since Oct 2008 and as a result your H4 extension is immaterial. You said you have "almost" everything to prove that you were working. That is a dangerous word. Please carry all the documents that are required for H1B stamping.

[B]--- Delhi would be the right answer as the address in your passport falls under that jurisdiction.

Seniors, please correct if there is an error.

---- If one is going from the US to India for a visa stamp, they can go to any US Consulate within India of their choice, irrespective of the address in the applicant's Passport

Subramanya

Comment

Hi

Do I need a transit visa to travel from Frankfurt?

Comment

Do I need a transit visa to travel from Frankfurt?

--- I flew Air India this December with an expired H1B visa and a valid I-797. You do not require any transit visa flying through Frankfurt on Air India.

Rajesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X