Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 expiring and travelling outside US

Hi,
    I am working on H1 since 2006 and my visa is expiring on 31st Aug 09 after completing first 3 years and my extension is yet to be filed by my employer. Infact, I have to go to India in May to attend my brother's wedding. Can the visa expiry in Aug be a concern for the Immigration Officer at POE? Can they deport me back on this ground that visa is expiring after 2 months and my employer has not applied for extension?

Also please let me know what are the documents I am needed to carry to prove I am in job. Do I need to provide documentations from my client also.

Pl. suggest and advice.

Thanks,
    Vineet

Hi,
    I am working on H1 since 2006 and my visa is expiring on 31st Aug 09 after completing first 3 years and my extension is yet to be filed by my employer. Infact, I have to go to India in May to attend my brother's wedding. Can the visa expiry in Aug be a concern for the Immigration Officer at POE? Can they deport me back on this ground that visa is expiring after 2 months and my employer has not applied for extension?

Also please let me know what are the documents I am needed to carry to prove I am in job. Do I need to provide documentations from my client also.

Pl. suggest and advice.

Thanks,
    Vineet

--- As long as you return to the US prior to the expiry of the visa stamp, you should be fine.

Document-wise, please carry all that is important. Passport, I-797, pay stubs, employment letter, client letter (looks like this is a must have nowadays). Keep your employer's telephone number handy if there is a need to call him.

Other than that, carry any additional documents you feel might assist you.

Good luck
    Rajesh

Comment

Thanks for response Rajesh.

What documents are really important other than Petition, Pay Stubs, Employment letter, client letter. Can you please suggest? And what sud be content in the client letter.

Comment

Thanks for response Rajesh.

What documents are really important other than Petition, Pay Stubs, Employment letter, client letter. Can you please suggest? And what sud be content in the client letter.

--- Consult your company's attorney for specific documentation needs.

Thanks
        Rajesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X