Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 H4 H1 visa stamping requirement

Hi,
    I was working on H1B visa before and I had got my H1b Visa stamped which was valid till 2011.
    This year I applied for COS to H4 and that got approved. After that I got a new job so I applied got H1b visa which too has got approved.

Now I have a valid I797 for H1b and I have a stamp for my old company on my passport.

I am planning to go to india in a months time do I still need to go to the visa counsalte for stamping. Or can I use my old visa stamp from my old company and the I797 from new company to enter US.

I know that if I had not changed to H4 then I would not have needed any stamping.

Hi,
    I was working on H1B visa before and I had got my H1b Visa stamped which was valid till 2011.
    This year I applied for COS to H4 and that got approved. After that I got a new job so I applied got H1b visa which too has got approved.

Now I have a valid I797 for H1b and I have a stamp for my old company on my passport.

I am planning to go to india in a months time do I still need to go to the visa counsalte for stamping. Or can I use my old visa stamp from my old company and the I797 from new company to enter US.

I know that if I had not changed to H4 then I would not have needed any stamping.

--- If your passport has a valid unexpired H1B stamp and you are returning on H1B to work for your new employer, you should not require a new stamp.

Seniors, as usual, please correct if there is an error.

Thanks
    Rajesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X