H4 - H1b - h4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 - H1b - h4

Considering the many scenarios of H4 - H1B (no paystubs, laid off) - H4, I had a question regarding this. Seniors, kindly advice.

If a person who initially came on a H4 visa, later converted to H1B and wants to move back to H4 visa status (and that the initial visa stamp on the passport has expired), that person should either file for a COS from H1B to H4 in the US (which has a high rate of rejection) or leave the US to get a new H4 stamp based on the principal applicant's H1B.

But, if the initial H4 visa stamp has not expired on the passport, can the person just return to the US with a copy of the principal applicant's H1B petition?

This way the person gets a new I-94 with an expiry date and Classification as H4 even though there has been a violation of H1 law. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Thanks
    Rajesh

It is possible however, the POE officer can dig up the H1b violation and deny entry. It is possible for them to ask for proof of all status held in US and the person may land up in trouble.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

It is possible however, the POE officer can dig up the H1b violation and deny entry. It is possible for them to ask for proof of all status held in US and the person may land up in trouble.

--- Thanks txh1b
      Rajesh

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X