Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Visa Stamping_Urgent

Hi All,

I am going to India this month but I got my passport stamped when I was working for previous company & my visa is valid until Oct 1, 2009.

Now I am working for different company and I do not want to get my passport stamped again with the new company, so can I still travel to India with old company stamping?

thanks

Hi All,

I am going to India this month but I got my passport stamped when I was working for previous company & my visa is valid until Oct 1, 2009.

Now I am working for different company and I do not want to get my passport stamped again with the new company, so can I still travel to India with old company stamping?

thanks

--- Yes

Comment

H1b Visa Stamping_Urgent

Thanks for the reply.

But my employer told me that recentlly people who travelled outside the country with stamping from previous company had trouble coming back to US due to not having new stamping.

So are the rules still same as for this kind of situation.

thanks

Comment

Your employer is dumb and is making up rumors.

Foreign affairs manual is what you need to dig into or google for.

Admin, please do not remove the link.

9 FAM 41.53 N8.3-3 Validity of H-1B When There is a
        Change of Employer
        (CT:VISA-1041; 09-26-2008)
        a. After changing H-1B employers in accordance with DHS procedures for
        making such a change, an H-1B visa holder may continue to use his or
        her original H-1B visa for entry into the United States. Upon applying for
        entry, the visa holder must present the new Form I-797, Notice of Action,
        evidencing the approval of the change of employer in addition to the visa.
        Last edited by txh1b; 04-14-2009, 12:20 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X