money returned by USCIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• money returned by USCIS

I appllied for H1-B 2009 quota and my application got picked up in lottery. But it got denied in processing stage. I would like to know the amount of money USCIS will return in this case. I didnt ask my employer about this yet.

Thank you for your help.

I appllied for H1-B 2009 quota and my application got picked up in lottery. But it got denied in processing stage. I would like to know the amount of money USCIS will return in this case. I didnt ask my employer about this yet.

---- The employer should have paid all the fees, irrespective of the amount. USCIS will only return money to the employer and not to you. If you have paid any money to the employer, then you have committed a fraud. The rest you can deal with your employer and good luck

Subramanya

Comment

USCIS charges "processing" fess NOT "approval" fee.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thank you for your replies.

would you tell me about how much will they charge as processing fee.

Comment

Subramanya, please reply. atleast the aproximate amount they charge for processing.

Comment

processing fee is never returned, they already processed your application.

Comment

Once any fee is deposited into the treasury, it is not possible to get it back. It does seem like you paid for the H1b which is illegal to start with and now that your petition gets denied, you are looking for some means to get the money back.

Why did you pay for your H1b? You can complain against the employer that took the H1b processing fee with proof of payment, any communications etc to USDOL on a WH4 form and they will get your money back.

The employer must pay the training fee ($750 / $1500) for the petition, You should not enter into any scheme of payments with the employer regarding this fee. You may pay the other filing fees like $320 for I129 filing, the fraud prevention fee of $500 and optional premium processing fee of $1000 if you want to. In addition to this, there might be education evaluation fee ($100-$300), attorney fee ($1000-$2000) based on who is chosen.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X