• vjM
    replied
    Thank you very much. I will certainly get it done from Kingston

Leave a comment:

• OMM
    replied
    Originally posted by vjM View Post
    hi,

Thanks for the reply.I was told that the H1 needs to be stamped at the place where the passport was issued ?

Thanks
    -- no, you can apply at your current residance country nearest US Embassy. my passport also indian & I applied from South Africa, my friends applied from Germany spain UK, even in our Petition written POE : Mumbai. it's doesnt matter you have to show residence proof of your current country and you have to follow the rules of your current residence country's US Embassy.
    OMM.

Leave a comment:

• vjM
    replied
    hi,

Thanks for the reply.I was told that the H1 needs to be stamped at the place where the passport was issued ?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• OMM
    replied
    Originally posted by vjM View Post
    Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder currently working in Kingston, Jamaica, Have applied for H1 in 2010 and the petition has been approved. I am currently holding a B1 visa and have to Travel to Chennai for stamping my H1 my query is as I have to transit from US while travelling to Chennai will it be a problem when I go on B1 and come back with the H1 stamped ?

thanks
    -- you can transit, when you apply for H1B stamping , you can come back with H1B & VO will cancel you B1 visa.
    I want to ask you why you are not applying from Jamaica US Embassy? why are you going to chennai?

Leave a comment:

• vjM
    started a topic h1- query

h1- query

Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder currently working in Kingston, Jamaica, Have applied for H1 in 2010 and the petition has been approved. I am currently holding a B1 visa and have to Travel to Chennai for stamping my H1 my query is as I have to transit from US while travelling to Chennai will it be a problem when I go on B1 and come back with the H1 stamped ?

thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X