L1 to H1 | urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 | urgent

I currently have an L1-B Visa. I am applying for an H1 Visa. But I do not wish my status to change from Oct 1. If I do not file under Change of status, is it possible to continue working on L1 unless I get my H1 stamped?

Please help!

Originally posted by nehagarg View Post
    I currently have an L1-B Visa. I am applying for an H1 Visa. But I do not wish my status to change from Oct 1. If I do not file under Change of status, is it possible to continue working on L1 unless I get my H1 stamped?

Please help!
    Ask your sponsorer to apply with CP (Consular processing) and NOT with COS (Change of status).
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

This is a bit tricky, since COS is valid if you are applying a visa from outside of US, but when u r in US and when you apply for H1 B and once your I797 is issued, your status is automatically changed to H1 and it is not advisable to work under L1 after this (I797 approval which comes by Sep-Oct).

I know people who have done COS H1 B and still continued to work under L1. There are possible repercussions when you next time go either for renewal or stamping, and these days its getting tougher, I would sincerely suggest to ask some lawyer before you do this. Paying 50-60$ is worth it.
      rjsghd

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X